Nikon L35AF Shutter Button Problem

6 years 5 months ago #562401 by iKokomo
I just got a very nice condition Nikon L35AF for $1 at an estate sale with the original case.
I put the two batteries in the camera (with no film)and turned it on and the light meter seemed to work. 
Here is the problem. When I clicked the shutter button down, the shutter clicked but the button stays down. It is not stuck up, like most problems are, but the button is stuck down and will not come back up.
Has anyone else had this problem before? 
Thank for your help in advance. 

6 years 5 months ago #562453 by effron
Have you removed batteries? If its old, expect issues. For a buck, display it as an art piece if you can't get it working.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #562614 by garyrhook
Or, if you want it working, look into sending it to an authorized service center for a refurb.

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #563003 by Vespista
I used to have one of these. Great little classic.
This guy has a good article on it including a link to the users manual you can download:

www.japancamerahunter.com/2016/05/camera-geekery/

Good luck!

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Growing plants takes a ton of time and patience, but with these new timelapses, you can see plants of all kinds grown in quick order!

Jul 03, 2024

The Canon EOS M ecosystem is full of lightweight, compact mirrorless cameras that offer a more affordable option than Canon’s EOS R family of cameras. Which EOS M camera is right for you?

Jul 01, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

Working as a professional photographer can be a creatively fulfilling and financially lucrative career.

Jun 27, 2024

Using EF lenses on your RF camera body is a no-brainer. With a Canon EF to RF adapter, you can tap into the vast array of EF lenses and save money while filling out your kit.

Jun 26, 2024

Desert photography is much more than pointing your camera at a cactus or sand dune and pressing the shutter button. In this guide, learn some essential tips to elevate the quality of your images!

Jun 25, 2024

The Sony Alpha a7 II has been around for a decade, but even after all these years, it stands up as an excellent option for photographers looking for a high-quality full frame camera.

Jun 25, 2024

It's summertime in the northern hemisphere, and that means long days to explore the world around us. With these summer landscape photography tips, you'll learn a thing or two about improving your photos!

Jun 23, 2024