What has happened to ShutterBug magazine?

7 years 5 months ago #515423 by Fess Walker
Anyone else noticing that this magazine is getting lighter and lighter on number of pages thick?  

So what are the best photography magazines these days? 

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #515428 by effron
The only American mag I get anymore is Outdoor Photographer....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #515483 by Ontherocks
:agree:  same here  

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #515553 by KenMan
Canceled all mine last year.  They were getting just to thin and not enough meat compared to wonderful internet.  

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #516754 by Chris Yates
Sadly, magazines are withering away. Surprised that Shutterbug is still in print, frankly.

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #516772 by Jacko
Same here, however think I'm going to let Outdoor Photographer go when it expires. Just getting lean IMO.  

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #516809 by Didereaux
My only subscription right now s to 'Outdoor Photography.   Probably this year I will not renew my subscription.  Stuck with them for the George Lepp series, and the rare articles by older working proven photogs.  Too thin now, to few articles and most of them are by 20 somethings with maybe (at best) 4-5 years experience.    Mostly just ads for various workshops, tours, etc.

Sadly until someone rediscovers that if you put good content in printed media no one will subscribe, they all know you can get crap by the truckload on the net for free.

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #516851 by Missy J
Well it's not just more information online.  Online gives the ability to consume the same information in a more interactive format.  

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #516909 by Randy Shaw
+1 plus internet is more convenient.  I can have thousand of my interest (if I had that many), in my pocket (phone).  Can you imagine having that many magazines with you?  

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #516931 by Baydream
I used to subscribe to several mags but now just follow then on FB. Just read a decent article on HDR from Shutterbug. 

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The OM System OM-1 Mark II is highly similar to its predecessor, but the updates OM System has included make the Mark II one of the best camera systems for the price point.

Jul 24, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Portrait photography can be a highly rewarding genre. Of course, to get the best results, you need to employ some key strategies for composition. Get a few such tips in this quick tutorial!

Jul 24, 2024

Wide-angle photography is especially useful when photographing landscapes. But mistakes can be made when shooting with a wide-angle lens. Get a few tips for what not to do in this guide!

Jul 24, 2024

The OM System OM-1 Mark II is highly similar to its predecessor, but the updates OM System has included make the Mark II one of the best camera systems for the price point.

Jul 24, 2024

Abstract photography requires a certain approach to get the best results. In this guide, I share some tips and tricks that will help you envision your abstract images and showcase them in a beautiful way.

Jul 23, 2024

There are plenty of Canon RF zoom lenses to add to your kit. But not all are easy on the pocketbook. So, that begs the question - which budget RF lenses should you buy? Let’s find out!

Jul 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024