First image with a Leica 5cm F3.5 on an Olympus Pen E-P3

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #333189 by Screamin Scott
Just got the adapter for LTM to Micro four thirds & took a quick image of my dog...Focus can be a bit tricky as this camera does not have focus peaking.....The lens was made in 1950 along with the camera it belongs to...Just goes to show that the older lenses are useful, albeit with limitations...ISO 200 1/400th & F4

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Says
10 years 4 months ago #334517 by Exposure Tours
something about this I quite like!
10 years 4 months ago #335437 by Stealthy Ninja
Do you mean 50mm?
10 years 4 months ago #335441 by Screamin Scott
5cm is 50mm... the lens is German & is marked 5cm so that is what I listed it as

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #351761 by Simon Says
Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

10 years 2 months ago #351919 by KCook
Cool.  This is the f/3.5 Elmar, that collapses?  That was the lens on my father's Leica IIIc, but that predates the '50s.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 2 months ago #351921 by Screamin Scott
Yes, it's the collapsible one.  They made them over a number of years & upon researching the serial number, mine was made in 1949... Same year I was born.

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #351939 by KCook
So do you have the IIIc body to go with it?  A very quirky camera, to put it mildly.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 2 months ago #351945 by Screamin Scott
Sure do...

img\def

Top view Leica IIIc by ScreaminScott , on Flickr

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: icepics
10 years 2 months ago #351973 by icepics
Thanks for showing that, how do you like the collapsible aspect of it? My digital Ricoh came with a device to use to measure if a lens will fit into the camera mount or not. The collapsibles particularly might collapse too far into a particular camera body such as one of the newer Voigtlander rangefinders I have.

Sharon
Photo Comments
10 years 2 months ago #351975 by Screamin Scott
I'm ambivalent about it . It was good back in the day when it was in use as it made camera "pocketable", but as you say, you have to be careful on today's cameras , that it doesn't damage either the sensor, the mirror (on those cameras with mirrors that it can be adapted to) or any other internal parts...

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #398896 by Travel Nut
That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024