Which program to go for.

10 years 4 months ago #326975 by Ronitabarwell
Hi,
Im trying to find a good but not so expensive editing program.
I have photoshop elements 11 but i want to go further. Photoshop is so expensive!
I know there are other programs out there but i dont know what to go for especially on a budget.
I have windows 8 and would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Ronita

10 years 4 months ago #326981 by KCook
I just got Lightroom 5, which is less expensive than PS. But, what is it about Elements that you wish was better?

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 4 months ago #327023 by Ronitabarwell
Hi,
Thankyou for replying. I am looking at another course that requires digital editing software Photoshop CS but ive lookes at the pricing of these particular software and its beyond my price range.
So im wondering if there is cheaper software out there.
Thanks
Ronita

10 years 4 months ago #327083 by garyrhook
If you're in the US, you have today to sign up for PS CC + LR 5 for $10 / month, payable annually. More here: www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/photography.html

If you do not wish to lease the software on an ongoing basis, you can look at:

Corel Paint Shop Pro (or whatever it's called now)
Gimp (freeware)

Function and budget are often mutually exclusive. If you can afford CC I'd recommend it, since it includes 2 programs that will cover everything you'll ever need.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronitabarwell
10 years 4 months ago #327135 by KCook
Of course there is cheaper software, even free downloads. But that still does not answer my question. What is it about Elements that you are unhappy with???

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 4 months ago #327169 by Baydream

KCook wrote: Of course there is cheaper software, even free downloads. But that still does not answer my question. What is it about Elements that you are unhappy with???

Kelly

:goodpost:
I have LR5 and Corel Photo Pro X6 (about $80). X6 does almost everything PS does but getting help and instruction is a lot tougher.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronitabarwell
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #327711 by Ronitabarwell
:thx2: Garyhook

I am in the UK but the offer was here too. I signed up for CC at the reduced price too! The offer had ended but there was a few days grace for it so im very pleased.
Ronita

10 years 4 months ago #327729 by Foxy Girl
Have you looked at Gimp? That's a free editing program.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024